Thanks to all our 180 Kickstarter Contributors! We made our $10,000 goal!
"Life's a Song" is now in the final phases of production!
LIFE's a SONG is a new album that will celebrate creativity across generations.
200 Washingtonians, most age 60+ joined 7 professional musicians in 8 Olympic Peninsula communities. They composed 20+ original songs of love and laughter, adventure and home, loss and triumph between 2007-2012. 12 of these songs will be on the new recording scheduled for Spring 2105 release . Read about it here.
Songwriting Works gives thanks to the hundreds of music lovers we've worked with this year and to all our supporters! Our community of participants, musicians, partners, donors, families, media artists, practitioners and volunteers continues to grow. Here are some of our highlights of 2014:
• 3 standing room only concert tributes to Pete Seeger
• 2 research papers affirming SW's method and its benefits for people living with dementia presented at the Gerontological Society of America annual meeting.
• Presentations by founder and director Judith-Kate Friedman at the Leading Age annual meeting (Nashville) and Creative Aging Leadership Exchange (DC)
• 5 trainings for memory care staff at Front Porch/ California Lutheran Homes' Anaheim & Cupertino (CA), Benevilla (AZ), Goodwin House (VA) & NCCA (DC)
• Songwriting with 60+ at Seattle's Gathering Place @ Greenwood Senior Center, Meals on Wheels with Amherst-Glebe Arts Response (Lynchburg, VA) and SAGE: Seniors Aging in a Gay Environment with Elders Share the Arts (NYC.)
Songwriting Works is featured in the October issue of Leading Age™ magazine. Read "How the Arts Enrich Life" for people age 60+ here.
See the News Archive for more about the development of Songwriting Works and awards, grants, news & publications prior to 2014
For best performance, this site requires Flash Player 9. Free Download here.