SongFest Weekend Cover Story
Video Story in the Peninsula Daily News.
SW's YouTube channel. Subscribe!
Follow us on Facebook.
Your contribution of any amount makes a difference.
For more info on our work and volunteer opportunities
contact Emilie at 360-385-1160
or email: admin <at> songwritingworks <dot> org
An exciting year is underway for Songwriting Works™ on the Olympic Peninsula (WA), in San Francisco, in Chicago and more.
SW's NEA "Music and Memory" Project will bring professional songwriters and participants across the generations together to:
• Record a long-awaited CD of Olympic Peninsula project songs featuring
notable professional musicians
• Host a forum on Music and Brain Health
• Engage local youth and elders in digital storytelling about the impact SW has for their communities
• Release the new CD and videos at SW’s 3rd annual November SongFest
Year-round SW's signature songwriting programs, community MusicTeams and trainings for arts/music and health professionals will continue to:
• Improve brain function and social engagement for elders with dementia • Deepen communication for family care partners and their loved ones
• Reduce depression for those with disabilities
• Raise joy and self-esteem for those facing health and fiscal challenges
• Provide respite and empowering solutions for care providers
• Increase cultural competency for arts and health professionals
• Inspire audiences with songs and stories that transform stereotypes
• Turn stigmas about aging, disability and illness into new experiences of access, inclusion and acceptance. And do it all through SONG.
See the News Archive for more about the development of Songwriting Works and awards, grants, news & publications prior to 2009
For best performance, this site requires Flash Player 9. Free Download here.